Mom had the idea. Dad had the car, the tape measure and he knew where Lowes was. Most importantly, he had a method of payment.
Then we spent a Saturday at Grandpa Duckys (after spending a Friday night there) and Grandpa showed us how to make the plans for the planter window box that Mom wanted. We then went to the store with Ducky and got all the materials and Ducky spent an entire afternoon showing Dad how to do it.
The result is pretty much exactly what Mom wanted (well, she wanted it twice as long but the physics of the car prevented that) and we brought it home and stained it. There was a period of time where we kicked around the idea of putting some painted decorations on it, but it looks better as a simple box.
Ashley’s friend from school came over and we had the first sleep over
- They read a book while Mom watched tv. Overheard: “Sorry. I farted on your mom” (Mary confirmed it was true)
- They stayed up playing till at least 10PM
- They stayed up watching movies until at least 1AM (Mary had to force them to go to sleep)
- They got up before 7AM and Chris made pancakes
- They both went to gymnastics at 9AM
- They came home, had a snack, hot chocolate and got ready to go to the park
- They went to the park at 11 until 12:30PM
- We dropped the friend off at 1:00PM
- Ashley went to sleep so hard that she couldn’t be shaken awake
Once again. The super-duper-exciting-can’t-hardly-wait-every-year-I-am-so-happy-to-go-do-this-adventure-of-charm-that-is-totally-worth-while visit to the Great Wolf lodge for the new year festivities.