We had a Christmas celebration at home because part of being an overbearing parent to spoiling the holy crud out of the kid. After we got all those present open, we hopped in the car (well, Ashley hopped, I just walked up and got in normally) and drove to Athena.
XMax because, well, when you buy enough trimming two years in a row, suddenly you upgrade from a Christmas tree to XMax tree. I am guessing that I will have XMaxx next year. But if we slip into XXX on the tree then Christmas will be canceled.
So we go to this big resort thing that we got as a Wedding gift. (More than a year later). We had a lovely time but that is hardly the point. What we did do was go outside for a walk on a little fitness trail they have surrounding the property. Ashley did great.
As we got back around, the hotel has an enormous grassy area with fire pits, giant decorative rocks, games and other junk. And it is right next to one of the holes of the golf course.
- Ashley finds a golf ball
- We say she can keep it
- She throws it here and there for fun
- She lines up to throw it at a giant rock
- Mary and I say, don’t do that, you might get hurt (I was more worried about me. I can’t speak for Mary)
- Ashley throws anyway
- The golf ball flies 15 feet from Ashley to the rock
- The golf ball flies 14.5 feet from the rock to Ashley’s forehead
- Dad falls to the ground laughing
We went camping the day after memorial day. It was pretty awesome, as all the drunks left without burning up all their firewood. Mary agreed to leave the fish alone and just murder worms, while Ashley and I went spelunking. (We dropped stones in the water and they went spelunk)
Why Fish Lake campground, run by the Army Corp of Engineers, is a good place to go camp and spend the night.
- On the snake river, so if you like to fish…
- Near Kennewick, WA so if you live there and don’t want to travel…
- You might have a free pass or something.
Reasons Fish Lake is horrid. I mean so bad I would rather stay at Crystal Lake and run my chances with Jason than stay here again. So bad that it would be better to have my toes cut off by a skilsaw than spend another night.
- There is a water spout, but they put a lock on it
- You could leave through the gate, but they locked that too
- They have a smallish lawn they call multifamily tent sites. But what they mean is everybody with a tent, c’mon
- There were plenty of drunk high school kids
- With even louder parents
- Playing football, and I am not making this up, throwing the ball into our tent
- They were only 20 feet away. (I have no problem with teenagers, but they are all still as stupid as I was)
- There was a JR High School kid trying to make the high school kids look like boy scouts. He was listening to his iPod until 2am, with his attached boom box!!
- Nobody sleeps, they were all up and talking like it was 5 in the afternoon, but at 2am!!!
- THERE IS A VERY ACTIVE TRAIN TRACK 200 YARDS AWAY. There was a train running every couple of hours all night long.